Position: Strategic Communications Manager
Department: Marketing and Events
Key Performance Areas include, but are not limited to:
– To manage group communications and PR including;
– The development of and management of a group communications and PR strategy, as well as specific team and departmental media, communications and PR strategies.
– Communicating our core messages to stakeholders.
– Content derivation (multi-media) for all Group communication platforms. Editorial input into all communications platforms.
– Managing the media function for the group and maximising positive media coverage.
– Media liaison function for the Group and its structures, as well as for all teams and senior stakeholders.
– Growing our brands and managing our public image.
– Growing our brands and helping WP Rugby attain commercial goals.
– Education and media training.
– Media measurement and reporting.
– High level of professionalism.
– High attention to detail.
– Above average interpersonal skills.
– Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
– Ability to work well under pressure and independently.
– Exceptional organisational skills.
– Self-motivated, reliable and confident.
– Ability to show initiative.
– Training as a journalist and at least 5 years experience in a formal position as a senior rugby journalist.
– Extensive general knowledge on WP and Stormers Rugby and an in-depth understanding of rugby structures in the Western Cape and South Africa.
– Excellent Communication skills (Written and verbal).
– Computer literacy.
– An in-depth understanding of web and social media based communications platforms.
– The ability to analyse and think strategically.
– Planning and organising skills.
– Own transport
– Availability to work outside normal office hours
To apply, please email or fax your CV and covering letter (including three names, and contact numbers of referees) to: – Simone Lourens – Group HR Officer – Western Province Rugby
Email: – SLourens@wprugby.co.za
Fax: – 0216594601
Closing date: 16h30, Monday, 11 June 2012.
WP Rugby (Pty) Ltd is committed to employment equity and reserves the right not to make an appointment.