Excitement is building for the first ever #SuperHeroSunday double-header on 3 February at Cape Town Stadium, featuring all four Vodacom Super Rugby franchise teams on the same day at one venue.
South Africa’s top players wearing their new jerseys inspired by Marvel’s Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America will run out at Cape Town Stadium on #SuperHeroSunday, for the first public appearance of the Marvel makeover of SA’s Vodacom Super Rugby teams.
The Emirates Lions will be dressed in the familiar webbed suit of Spider-Man; the Cell C Sharks will adopt the Black Panther look; the DHL Stormers will be looking to hammer their opponents in the colours of Thor; and the Vodacom Bulls will shield all attacks thrown their way as Captain America.
The jerseys will be exclusively worn in most South African derbies. The teams will wear in their usual jerseys for matches against international opposition.
If you’re attending the event, make sure you know all the ins and outs of what will be happening on Saturday and Sunday:
• Attendees have to collect their tickets from Computicket outlets before making their way to the stadium.
• Please note there no collection points at the stadium.
• No pass-outs between games will be permitted at the stadium on the day.
Event ticket holders are encouraged to:
• Use public transport to the City Centre.
• Use FREE on-street parking in the CBD.
• Use all-day off-street parking (normal charges to apply) at the CTICC, Ryk Tulbagh Square, Fountain Hotel, Picbel Parkade, Plein Park, etc.
• And then use the FREE event shuttle to the stadium from the Civic Centre or Thibaut bus station in Hans Strijdom Avenue.
• Or use the Fan Walk from Waterkant over the bridge to Somerset Road and the Stadium.
• Park at the V&A Waterfront (pay to use) and walk to the Stadium.
• Metrorail services to and from Cape Town will run as normal and passengers will be required to be in possession of a valid train ticket.
• Train schedules and related information are available from the 24/7 Transport Information Centre’s toll-free number 0800 65 64 63 and www.capemetrorail.co.za
• No special train services will be available after the event ends. Normal services end from 17h30.
• The standard hours of operation and fares will apply for all routes which end from 20h45 onwards.
• Passengers will be required to use the MyConnect card (loaded with sufficient value) to travel to the Civic Centre bus station. MyConnect cards can be purchased at selected MyCiTi stations or participating retailers. The 24/7 Transport Information Centre can be contacted on 0800 65 64 63 for more information.
• CHARGES: Normal fees are applicable before and after the event for transport outlined above.
Event Shuttle – Stadium shuttle between Civic Centre Station and Stadium
• FREE on presentation of a valid event ticket.
• First bus from the Civic Centre bus station in Hertzog Boulevard leaves at 12h00 – thereafter a bus leaves every 15 minutes or when full; this service will continue during the event.
• The last return bus leaves the Stadium bus station at 19h30.
• Parking restrictions will be enforced in the residential areas adjacent to Cape Town Stadium from 06h00 to 20h00 on event day, including on Main Road.
• Motorists are advised to obey the signage. Normal restrictions and charges apply to kerbside parking in the CBD for a workday.
• On-street parking is available within the City Centre but no additional security will be provided.
• Use all-day off-street parking (normal charges to apply) at the CTICC, Ryk Tulbagh Square, Fountain Hotel, Picbel Parkade, Plein Park, etc..
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
• Dedicated parking has been allocated on DF Malan Drive for those attendees with disabilities who wish to use the Stadium shuttle. Only people with an official disability permit from the City will be allowed to park in this dedicated parking area.
• Ticket holders must formally request access to the parking bays dedicated to people with disabilities by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Eventgoers will have to provide evidence that they are entitled to these parking bays by clearly displaying the Vehicle Access Permit (VAP) in full colour on their dashboard when entering the parking area (P5) on Vlei Road. Failure to display will result in access being denied.
• Parking for people with disabilities is issued at the discretion of the event organiser and is subject to availability.
Attendees may be dropped off and collected at the following appropriately signed locations:
• In DF Malan Drive opposite the Artscape Theatre.
• In the embayment off Helen Suzman Blvd (city bound carriageway), between Vlei Road and the elevated traffic circle at Granger Bay Blvd.
• Taxi’s along Beach Road.
Full or partial closures will be in place in the following roads near the Stadium:
• Granger Bay Boulevard
• Vlei Road
• Fritz Sonnenberg Road
• Stephan Way
• Portswood Road
• Fort Wynyard Street
• Pedestrian routes between the Stadium and –
– City Centre via the Fan Walk (part of the road will be open to normal vehicular traffic and pedestrians are urged to use the sidewalk and dedicated lane to the underpass at Green Point Circle).
– V&A Waterfront via Granger Bay Boulevard (pedestrians are urged to avoid Portswood Road as the pedestrian walkways along that route are restricted).
• Attendees wishing to cycle to the stadium are encouraged to do so. Bicycle racks are located on the eastern (Waterfront) side of the elevated circle at the stadium. Cyclists must provide their own lock and chain as bicycles are left at own risk.
• Please remember the “ridesafe” motto and wear a helmet, have adequate lighting and wear reflective clothing (NB: motorcycle helmets are not allowed inside the stadium).
• Due to the number of people using the Fan Walk, it is advised that cyclists coming from the CBD use the route through the V&A Waterfront or the back roads in De Waterkant to access the stadium.
• Three ATM machines will be stationed on the stadium podium (outer-ring inside stadium precinct).
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
The following and more will be available to supporters:
• Various cold and hot drinks.
• Kiosks inside the stadium.
• Food trucks on stadium podium level.
There will licensed merchandise for sale – situated inside the concourse area.
NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE STADIUM
• Any food or beverages bought outside;
• Any musical instruments (such as vuvuzelas);
• Any illegal substances;
• Fire arms and other weapons;
BE SUN SAFE
Temperatures are expected to be high in Cape Town on Sunday and spectators are urged to take the necessary precaution by wearing hats and regularly applying sunscreen.
• Gates open at 12h00.
• Pre-match entertainment from 13h00.
• Match 1: 14h00: Emirates Lions (Spiderman) vs Cell C Sharks (Black Panther).
• Pre-match entertainment from 15h45.
• Match 2: 16h15: DHL Stormers (Thor) vs Vodacom Bulls (Captain America).
• All enquiries regarding the options for this event may be directed to the 24/7 Transport Information Centre (free from a Telkom landline – 0800 65 64 63) or send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all emergencies at the Cape Town Stadium please contact the emergency line on 021 430 7389. For general event enquiries please send an email to email@example.com.