The DHL Stormers face Ulster in a Vodacom United Rugby Championship semifinal at DHL Stadium on Saturday. Here is all you need to know if you will be there.
Please make sure you get there early, all spectators should be inside the stadium by 14h00. There will be a very large crowd attending the game, so make sure you get there early and are in your seat before kick-off at 15h00.
Gates open at 13h00 with plenty going on inside the stadium before the game. All spectators should arrive before 14h00 to ensure they do not miss any of the action.
There will be heavy traffic around the stadium and every spectator must be checked for either their vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test, so it will take some time to get everone inside the stadium.
DHL Stadium is in a residential precinct, so please respect the residents and co-operate with the traffic officials on duty. Vehicles that are illegally parked will be towed away.
There will be a beer garden with a live Red Bull DJ inside the stadium, while there are other fun sponsor activations such as the DHL family area with an inflatable passing challenge and face painting, a Sunbet spin the wheel competition and BrightRock LoveChange fan videos.
Apart from all of that, there will also be a live performance from local artist Amy Jones (14h15) on the pitch before the game while the teams are warming up.
Callouts will be stationed at the stadium offering Rapid Antigen testing at R150 each at the Main West Gates 1 – 11, between 12h30 and 15h00. Results will be available within 15 minutes of testing. CLICK HERE to pre-book.
All those attending must produce either a vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test – rapid antigen test or PCR acceptable from the previous 72 hours, along with their ID before entering the stadium.
Children under 12 do not need to provide any documentation before entering, but all those older than 12 must either have a vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test.
Although masks are only required in indoor areas, all spectators are encouraged to bring a mask along in case they find themselves in such an area at any time.
Please note that no spectator is allowed access to the pitch. Any person invading the pitch can be prosecuted as this is a criminal offence.
• Public parking is available at P2 via Ticketpro at R100. CLICK HERE to book your parking. Vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Parking areas P4 and P9 are available for public parking on first-come first-served basis for cash payment of R100. Note this parking area will be closed when full. Vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Hospitality ticket holders with pre-issued parking in either P1 or P5 will have to provide evidence that they are entitled to these parking bays by clearly displaying the Vehicle Access Permit (VAP) on their dashboard when entering the parking area (P5) on Vlei Road. Failure to display will result in access being denied. Vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Ticket holders with disabilities must formally request access to the parking bays dedicated in P5 to people with disabilities by sending an e-mail to Glewis@wprugby.co.za.
• Please be considerate of the residents and park only in legally available bays. Enforcement will take place in the greater precinct and those parking illegally face fines or having their vehicles towed and impounded. No event security is provided and vehicles are parked at own risk.
• On-street in the City Centre. No event security is provided and vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Off-street paid in the City Centre – CTICC, Ryk Tulbagh Square, Picbel Parkade, Plein Park etc. No event security parking is at own risk.
• V&A waterfront paid parking. No event security is provided and parking is at own risk.
Drop and go
• Drop and go facilities are available at the embankment of Helen Suzman BLVD (City bound), between Vlei and Granger Bay Boulevard.
There are dedicated drop off and pick up points for E- hailing at Helen Suzman between York Circle and Beach Road (west and east bound).
Anyone ordering a drop off or pick up to be directed to the points detailed above with no e-hailing vehicles allowed for either pick up or drop off in the immediate precinct.
There is also a stacking area at Green Point bowling Greens, pedestrians can enter via Vlei road to DHL Stadium.
Full closure in both directions between 10h00- 19h30
• Fritz Sonnenberg between Stephan Way and MacDonalds
• Vlei Road between Helen Suzman and Fritz Sonnenberg
We are very excited to welcome the Faithful to DHL Stadium and look forward to enjoying the evening with you cheering our team on in the stands.