Match tickets are still available for Saturday’s clash between the Springboks and the star-studded World XV at DHL Newlands (kick-off 17h00) – a great way for the Boks to kickstart their 2014 international season.
DHL Newlands season tickets are not available for this massive encounter – which will pit Heyneke Meyer against Nick Mallett in a battle of the coaches – and spectators are encouraged to buy their match tickets ahead of the weekend and to arrive at the ground well before the 17h00 kick-off.
Standing tickets are priced at just R75 each, with seating places ranging from R250 to R350. Tickets are available from PostNet outlets nationwide, the DHL Newlands ticket office or online from www.ticketpros.co.za.
Looking ahead to the weekend, World XV coach Nick Mallett warned his players to pitch up… or else!
“As the coach I want to appeal to the fact that these players will not want to embarrass themselves, or be humiliated,” said Mallett.
“It’s one of those funny sort of games because the players will have a relaxed week, but they will retain a strong focus. They will have to be prepared to put their body on the line.”
Important points for spectators to remember ahead of Saturday:
– The DHL Newlands Box Office is open for the rest of this week (Wednesday to Friday) from 09h00 until 16h00. It is also OPEN ON MATCHDAY (June 7) from 09h00 until 17h40.
– Spectators are encouraged to arrive at the ground well before the 17h00 kick-off on Saturday – especially those who intend on buying their tickets on the day.
– Those fans who have purchased tickets online are encouraged to make use of the brand-new home-print system to avoid additional queueing on matchday. (Full home-print terms and conditions can be found on www.ticketpros.co.za.)
– Although the weather prediction is good for Saturday, those spectators bringing umbrellas are reminded that only small, personal umbrellas with no sharp points – i.e. with a blunt rubber tip – will be allowed into the stadium. (See the FULL Stadium Rules here!)
– Season ticket holders who missed the May 7 deadline to secure their regular seats (see here) can email Jason Segers (email@example.com) or contact the WP Rugby ticket office (021-6594600) to buy a ticket.