The Rebels are back at DHL Newlands for the first time since 2012. We take a quick look at previous Vodacom Super Rugby encounters between the DHL Stormers and the Men from Melbourne.
– The Rebels have never won in South Africa, losing all eight so far, picking up just two losing bonus points in the process and conceding an average of 40 points per game.
– The Rebels’ only victory outside Australia was earlier this season, when they beat the Crusaders in Christchurch in the opening round of the competition.
– In total, the Rebels have won only two matches out of 17 against teams from South Africa, both in Melbourne – in 2013 against the DHL Stormers (30-21) and last year against the Toyota Cheetahs (35-14).
– This weekend will see the Rebels’ second visit to Cape Town – their last match at DHL Newlands finished in a 26-21 win for the DHL Stormers, with the visitors scoring three tries to two.
– The DHL Stormers are on a four-match winning streak against Australian opposition, despite trailing at half-time in two of these matches. Their longest winning run against Aussie teams is seven (2011-13).