The DHL Stormers and Vodacom Bulls have met on 23 occasions in the history of Vodacom Super Rugby. Here are some interesting statistics from their battles over the years…
– The Vodacom Bulls have not won in Cape Town since June 11, 2011 when they beat the DHL Stormers by 19-16. It’s one of only three wins for the team from Pretoria at DHL Newlands – having lost seven games, with one draw.
– The last five meetings between these traditional rivals have been by eight or more points, with the DHL Stormers winning three and the Vodacom Bulls two.
– A losing bonus point has not been scored in any of the last five meetings between these South African rivals.
– The last time one of these teams scored a try-scoring bonus point against the other, was on May 15, 2010 when the DHL Stormers beat the Vodacom Bulls by 38-10 in Cape Town, scoring four tries in the process.
– The DHL Stormers have scored four or more tries on three occasions against the Vodacom Bulls (1998, 2001 and 2010). The Men from Pretoria have done it four times (2002, 2005, 2006 and 2007).
– The last time the DHL Stormers hosted the Vodacom Bulls, the Capetonians won 16-0, which is the lowest scoring game either side has been involved in. That was the third time the DHL Stormers had reduced a side to zero points and the fourth time the Bulls had failed to score a single point in Vodacom Super Rugby.