An opportunity exists at WP Rugby for a specialist High Performance Manager. Should you be interested and have the necessary skill set, email through a detailed CV by 1600 Wednesday 7 March, to JDowling@wprugby.co.za.
HIGH PERFORMANCE MANAGER – WP RUGBY
1. Job Purpose
The High Performance Manager will be responsible for the retention and improvement of the high-performance rugby pathway to cater for the progression of players through to the professional game.
In conjunction with the Senior Professional Coach, this job encompasses the future planning, recruitment and retention of players, all contract negotiations, talent identification, overseeing of all rugby issues off the field of play.
The Employee will also liaise with SA Rugby, SANZAR, SARPA and National teams where needed.
1. Initiate ways to maximise talent identification.
2. Implement recruitment actions.
3. Develop sound relationships with clubs and provincial amateur teams.
4. Work closely with player representatives.
5. Maintain an excellent working relationship with SARU, SANZAR, SARPA and all franchises and provinces.
6. Manage all player affairs.
3. Minimum requirements
1. A minimum of 3 years Coaching experience at an A level.
2. Knowledge of WP and Stormers rugby and understanding of rugby structures in the Western Cape and South Africa.
3. Exceptional communication and negotiating skills.
4. Knowledge of professional rugby especially professional rugby contracting.
5. Knowledge of SA Rugby, SARPA and SANZAR regulations regarding player contracting / movement.
6. Computer literacy.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 16H00 ON WEDNESDAY 7 MARCH 2012. APPLICATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO WP RUGBY OFFICES OR EMAILED TO JDowling@wprugby.co.za.