Tickets are still available for Saturday’s Vodacom Super Rugby clash between the DHL Stormers and the Bulls at DHL Newlands, but a large crowd is expected and spectators are urged to get to the ground early.
Adverse weather conditions are predicted, with plenty rain around Cape Town on Friday already, so spectators should also dress warmly and bring along a rain coat for the 17h05 kick-off.
We will also be doing a special DHL Stormers Blanket Drive at DHL Newlands on matchday – to assist those less fortunate people in the Cape – and boxes will be in place at entrances around the stadium.
Spectators are more than welcome to donate their blankets after the match, but please note that wet blankets can not be accepted.
Important points for spectators to remember ahead of Saturday, July 5 (2014):
– The DHL Newlands Box Office is open – from 09h00 until 17h40.
– Spectators, with or without tickets, are encouraged to arrive at the ground well before the 17h05 kick-off on Saturday.
– Those fans who have purchased tickets online can make use of the brand-new home-print system to avoid additional queuing on matchday. (Full home-print terms and conditions can be found on www.ticketpros.co.za.)
– An additional ‘ticket office’ has been opened in the Railway Stand at DHL Newlands, thanks to the kind people of the Pole Yard. This ‘office’ can assist with queries – related to home print, etc – but does not sell matchday tickets.
– Spectators bringing umbrellas are reminded that only small, personal umbrellas with no sharp points – i.e. with a blunt rubber tip – will be allowed into the stadium. At the same time, people using umbrellas must be considerate of those around them, as they could be a hindrance. (See rule No.14 in the FULL DHL Newlands Stadium Rules.)
– Obviously intoxicated individuals will be declined entry to the ground.
– Smoking is not permitted on the stands and is allowed only in the designated areas. This includes any and all forms of smoking, including but not limited, to electronic cigarettes and smoking devices.