DHL, the world’s leading logistics company is our new sponsor. In a tough market, this global player has backed Stormers and WP Rugby and the home of our teams, Newlands, in a 3 year sponsorship deal.
Here are some facts that will help you get to know our new global partner.
DHL: • is the global market leader in international express, overland transport and air freight. It is also the world’s number one in ocean freight and contract logistics. DHL offers a full range of customized solutions – from express document shipping to supply chain management.
• also sponsors: official logistics partnership with Formula 1, the sponsorship of the Rugby 7’s in Dubai and South Africa and the new official logistics partner to Rugby World Cup 2011, as well as the Volvo Ocean Race and Fashion Week.
• operates in over 120,000 destinations across 220 countries and territories with over 100,000 people across the globe all working together.
• has 2,800,000 customers!
• handles over 150,000,000 shipments per year, which equates to nearly 411,000 shipments per day worldwide. That equates to just over 17,000 an hour or 285 shipments every minute! • operates 62,000 vehicles across road networks in all countries.
• operates one Virtual Global Airline comprising of 16 own and partner airlines, serving over 500 airports, 250 Dedicated Aircraft, with 4 million kilos total payload, 600 Flights per weekday.
• Operates 4,400 facilities – 3 Global Hubs (Leipzig, Hong Kong, and Cincinnati), 15 Regional Hubs (Amsterdam, Bahrain, Bangkok, Bergamo, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dubai, East Midland Airport (UK), Frankfurt, Lagos, London, Panama, Paris, Singapore, Vitoria (Spain).
DHL are truly global players and are looking forward to interacting with the Faithful. Here’s to a great partnership into the future.