A sporting bonanza which will feature the MTN8 Champions, Ajax Cape Town, Santos, the DHL Stormers and the Cape Cobras is set to thrill the PPC Newlands crowd on Tuesday, December 15 with T20-cricket served as main course.
The DHL Stormers and the Cape Cobras will resume their battle for T20-supremacy in The WeChat Newlands Challenge on December 15 at 18h00 after an absence of three years.
Ajax Cape Town, recently crowned MTN8 Champions by beating Kaizer Chiefs in the finals, will meet Santos in a 6-over per side cricket match starting at 16h00.
It will provide fans with an enticing hors d’oeuvres for the T20-match at 18h00. The gates for the clash between the soccer stars will open at 15h00.
Ajax will have some ‘unfinished business’ in this Cape-derby. The first-division club recently underlined their steady progress under Zeca Marques with a 2-1 win over Ajax in a friendly match.
The match between the Cape Cobras and the DHL Stormers will be a clash between South Africa’s most dominant cricket franchise and the country’s most successful rugby-franchise of the 2015 Vodacom Super Rugby season.
Tickets can be purchased at R40 each and it includes both games. If tickets are bought on Ticketpros using the WeChat Wallet, the purchaser will receive R80 back into the WeChat Wallet! (T&C’s apply). Seating will be unreserved.
With the WeChat Wallet, users can electronically send cash to friends and family, just like handing cash to a friend to get you lunch or pay for coffee or a drink at the bar.
Information of up to three chip and PIN debit or credit cards, which are verified by Visa and MasterCard security systems, can be saved in the WeChat Wallet.
Cards can also be used to Cash In and increase your wallet’s cash balance, pay for services on WeChat such as airtime, electricity, food or pay SnapScan merchants.
“The idea originated with the rugby- and cricket stars as a means to get their friends and family together, but it has since evolved into one of the most richly entertaining T20-events in the country.
“Now we have also added some of our beloved soccer neighbours and we are confident this will be a knockout-concept with long-term prospects,” said Jasmiena Davids, the Marketing Manager of the Western Cape Cricket.
“There will be a charity element in the game. The player of the match will receive R5,000, which he can donate to a charity of his preference,” Davids added.
The Cape Cobras won 10 titles the past seven seasons including the coveted Ram Slam T20 Challenge in 2014/2015 and have qualified for the play-off RAM Slam T20 competition Wednesday, December 9 v the Sunfoil Dolphins, Durban.
The DHL Stormers finished at the summit of the South African conference-log in the Super Rugby 2015-edition, the third time in five years. They were beaten finalists in 2010.
“We welcome the opportunity to rub shoulders and spend some fun time on the favourite PPC Newlands turf against the DHL Stormers, who will have some famous Springboks in their ranks,” said Nabeal Dien, Chief Executive Officer of Western Cape Cricket.
“Over the course of the next three months, four internationals will be hosted by PPC Newlands, and these duels between the cream of the crop in local soccer, rugby and cricket will offer our die-hard supporters the opportunity to wet their appetite for the clashes against England and Australia,” Dien added.
How to pay via WeChat Wallet:
(1) Open WeChat
(2) Tap on Me and select Wallet
(3) Tap on Get Started to register your wallet
(4) Tap on Cards and add your card
(5) Tap on Use SnapScan and scan the QR code on the TicketPro payment page to pay for your tickets
Terms & Conditions:
– Tickets for this event costs R40 per person. If the user pays via WeChat Wallet they will receive R80 paid back into their WeChat Wallet – irrespective of how many tickets were purchased.
– The rebate offer is limited to one R80 rebate per unique WeChat Wallet user.
– The QR code on the TicketPro payment must be scanned via the WeChat app not the Snapscan app to receive the rebate.
– Money rebated to the user’s WeChat Wallet can be used to pay for food & drinks at participating stadium vendors at the event, transferred to a friend on WeChat or cashed out at a Standard Bank ATM or selected retailers.
– To register a WeChat Wallet, users need to be 16 years or older and have a South African ID number.
– WeChat Wallet is available only on Android and iOS devices.