The DHL Stormers received some good news on Monday, with fit-again backs Demetri Catrakilis and Kobus van Wyk set to be considered for selection against the Force this coming weekend.
Catrakilis has not played since breaking his nose against the Lions on April 19, whilst Van Wyk’s wrist injury – suffered against the Highlanders on May 3 – has healed a lot quicker than initially anticipated.
Of course, hooker Scarra Ntubeni will be out for at least eight weeks, whilst calls on the fitness of Brok Harris, Michael Rhodes, Schalk Burger and Jean de Villiers will be made before announcing the team on Wednesday afternoon.
The DHL Stormers will host the Force at DHL Newlands on Saturday (17h05). CLICK HERE for ticketing information.
The full DHL Stormers injury report (12/05/14):
– Flyhalf Demetri Catrakilis (broken nose) and wing Kobus van Wyk (wrist) will return to training tomorrow (Tuesday). Both will be considered for selection against the Force.
– Lock Michael Rhodes (general soreness) will return to training tomorrow and be assessed afterwards ahead of the clash against the Force.
– Fellow prop Oli Kebble will undergo a concussion test on Wednesday to ascertain his availability for the Force match.
– A call on the fitness of Brok Harris (cut eye-lid), Schalk Burger (back) and Jean de Villiers (AC Joint) will also be made on Wednesday.
– Prop Frans Malherbe (concussion) is still not available for selection and will again sit out this weekend.
– Scarra Ntubeni, as reported on Sunday evening, will be out of action for at least eight weeks after fracturing a metatarsal in his left foot against the Bulls this past weekend.
– The following squad players remain sidelined with injuries at present: Prop Steven Kitshoff (knee), hooker Tiaan Liebenberg (neck), locks Eben Etzebeth (foot), Jurie van Vuuren (shoulder), De Kock Steenkamp (groin), Rynhardt Elstadt (shoulder), Gerbrandt Grobler (shoulder) and Manuel Carizza (wrist), Sikhumbuzo Notshe (knee), scrumhalves Louis Schreuder (fractured thumb) and Godlen Masimla (wrist), Gary van Aswegen (groin), wing Sailosi Tagicakibau (calf muscle) and fullbacks Gio Aplon (elbow) and Ryno Eksteen (knee).