Hooker Deon Fourie is the only big injury worry for the DHL Stormers ahead of Saturday’s Vodacom Super Rugby clash against the Sharks.
Fourie (hamstring) sat out training today and will be given until Wednesday to prove his fitness.
Should Fourie not be fit to face the Sharks then Tiaan Liebenberg – himself recently back to full fitness from a neck injury – will start against the Sharks with one of Stephan Coetzee or Neil Rautenbach coming on to the bench. Michael Willemse remains injured and will thus not be considered for selection.
Loose forwards Siya Kolisi, Schalk Burger and Duane Vermeulen all sat out training on Monday with minor chest infections. However, all three are expected to be available for the Sharks clash.
The team, to face the Sharks at DHL Newlands on Saturday (kick-off 19h10), will be announced at lunch-time on Wednesday.
The full DHL Stormers injury report (07/07/14):
– Deon Fourie (hamstring) is in doubt for the Sharks game and will be given until later this week to prove his fitness.
– Schalk Burger is due back at training on Tuesday and Siya Kolisi is due back on Wednesday. Duane Vermeulen (also battling with a minor chest infection) will sit out training for most of this week as he did last as part of managing his workload.
– Centre/wing Sailosi Tagicakibau (neck muscle spasm) also sat out training today but should be fine for the weekend.
– Wing Kobus van Wyk (calf muscle) remains sidelined with his injury.
– The following players also/still remain unavailable for selection at this stage: props Steven Kitshoff, Oli Kebble, Frans Malherbe and Brok Harris, hooker Scarra Ntubeni, locks Eben Etzebeth, Rynhard Elstadt, Jurie van Vuuren, De Kock Steenkamp, Gerbrandt Grobler, centres Jean de Villiers and Damian de Allende and fullback Ryno Eksteen.