DHL Stormers locks Eben Etzebeth and Manuel Carizza could both miss the start of the 2015 Vodacom Super Rugby season.
Etzebeth (chest injury) and Carizza (shoulder) both suffered injuries in Friday’s 39-31 pre-season win over the Cheetahs and they will be out of action for four and three weeks, respectively.
Wing Kobus van Wyk is out for ten days with a minor calf strain, but could still come into contention for his team’s season-opener in two weeks’ time.
The DHL Stormers will complete their pre-season preparations against the Boland Cavaliers at the Cape Town Stadium this Saturday (kick-off 16h00), with a DHL WP Emerging XV team also in action beforehand (14h00).
The DHL Stormers will open their 2015 Vodacom Super Rugby campaign against the Bulls in Pretoria on Saturday, February 14 (kick-off 19h10).
The full DHL Stormers injury report (02/02/15):
– Lock Eben Etzebeth (chest) will be out of action for four weeks.
– Lock Manuel Carizza (shoulder) will be out of action for three weeks.
– Wing Kobus van Wyk (minor calf strain) is out for 10 days.
– Wing/fullback EW Viljoen will be out for seven days after taking a knock to the head against the Cheetahs. He did, however, pass his concussion test after the match and is sitting out as a precaution this weekend.
– Centre Damian de Allende (slight quadriceps tear) is on track in terms of his rehabilitation but he will not be risked this weekend.
– Loose forwards Siya Kolisi (tight hamstring) and Nizaam Carr (viral infection) will again not be risked this weekend but both are still making good progress and will continue to step up their conditioning this week.
* CLICK HERE FOR DHL NEWLANDS TICKETING NEWS!