Spectators attending Saturday’s Vodacom Super Rugby clash between the DHL Stormers and the Chiefs are reminded of the DHL Newlands stadium rules – especially when it comes to behaviour in the stands.
For so long a theme at DHL Stormers and DHL WP home games, fans are reminded to respect their fellow spectators, the opposition and the referee – as well as adhering to the stadium rules. (SEE THOSE HERE.)
Fans are also reminded, as per rule 10 of the DHL Newlands stadium rules, that “WP Rugby shall be entitled to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person whose behaviour or conduct could in the reasonable opinion of WP Rugby consitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to spectators or other persons”.
Those supporters who do not have tickets as yet, you can still purchase from Computicket – online at wprugby.computicket.com – or in-store and also from Shoprite and Checkers stores nationwide, but please try and do so before game-day to avoid any last-minute rush.
Supporters who have purchased tickets already but have not collected these, you can collect your tickets from the temporary ticket office window in Boundary Road (opposite the car park and next to the DHL Newlands Stadium Boardroom entrance) or from the temporary booth in the Railway Stand. Again, any collections must be done early, well before kick-off at 15h00 to avoid any potential pre-match congestion.
* For any season ticket queries, please visit the WP Rugby offices IN THE STADIUM up until kick-off.
To recap, important points for spectators to remember ahead of Saturday, March 14 (2015):
– Spectators, with or without tickets, are encouraged to arrive at the ground well before the 15h00 kick-off. (The DHL Newlands Box Office is open until 15h30.)
– 2015 season ticket collections will commence from 11h00 in the DHL NEWLANDS STADIUM BOARDOOM (in Boundary Road) right up until kick-off.
– The DHL Newlands Box Office will close for approximately ten minutes for the two team bus arrivals on matchday at +/- 13h45.
– (As per rule 10) WP Rugby shall be entitled to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person whose behaviour or conduct could in the reasonable opinion of WP Rugby constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to spectators or other persons.
– Obviously intoxicated individuals will be declined entry to the ground.
– Smoking is not permitted on the stands and is allowed only in the designated areas. This includes any and all forms of smoking, including but not limited, to electronic cigarettes and smoking devices.
– Braaiing is not allowed in car parks near the stadium, nor in the DHL Newlands parking garage. (No open flames of any sort are allowed.)
* SEE THE DHL NEWLANDS STADIUM RULES HERE!