The DHL Stormers face Edinburgh in a Vodacom United Rugby Championship quarterfinal at DHL Stadium on Saturday. Here is all you need to know if you will be there on matchday.
Having finished second on the overall standings and claimed the South African Shield, the DHL Stormers have secured home advantage for their quarterfinal and a possible semifinal should they win on Saturday.
Gates at DHL Stadium will open at 17h00, with kick-off at 19h00 and plenty going on apart from just the rugby. A big crowd is expected and all those attending will have to have their tickets, ID and vaccination certificate checked before they enter. This means that it will take some time to get into the stadium, so get there early to make sure you don’t miss any of the action.
There will be a beer garden with a live Red Bull DJ inside the stadium, while there are other fun sponsor activations such as the DHL family area with an inflatable passing challenge and face painting, a Sunbet spin the wheel competition, a photo booth where fans can get their picture taken with the South African Shield and BrightRock LoveChange fan videos.
Apart from all of that, there will also be a live performance from local artists Craig Lucas (17h40) and the Black Ties (18h10) in the East Stand before the game while the teams are warming up.
Callouts will be stationed at the stadium offering Rapid Antigen testing at R150 each at the Main West Gates 1 – 11, between 16h40 and 19h00. Results will be available within 15 minutes of testing. CLICK HERE to pre-book.
All those attending must produce either a vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test – rapid antigen test or PCR acceptable from the previous 72 hours, along with their ID before entering the stadium.
Children under 12 do not need to provide any documentation before entering, but all those older than 12 must either have a vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test.
Although masks are only required in indoor areas, all spectators are encouraged to bring a mask along in case they find themselves in such an area at any time.
Please note that no spectator is allowed access to the pitch. Any person invading the pitch can be prosecuted as this is a criminal offence.
• Public parking is available at P2 via Ticketpro at R100. CLICK HERE to book your parking. Vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Parking area P4 is available for public parking on first-come first-served basis for cash payment of R100. Note this parking area will be closed when full. Vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Hospitality ticket holders with pre-issued parking in either P1 or P5 will have to provide evidence that they are entitled to these parking bays by clearly displaying the Vehicle Access Permit (VAP) on their dashboard when entering the parking area (P5) on Vlei Road. Failure to display will result in access being denied. Vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Ticket holders with disabilities must formally request access to the parking bays dedicated in P5 to people with disabilities by sending an e-mail to Glewis@wprugby.co.za.
• Please be considerate of the residents and park only in legally available bays. Enforcement will take place in the greater precinct and those parking illegally face fines or having their vehicles towed and impounded. No event security is provided and vehicles are parked at own risk.
• On-street in the City Centre. No event security is provided and vehicles are parked at own risk.
• Off-street paid in the City Centre – CTICC, Ryk Tulbagh Square, Picbel Parkade, Plein Park etc. No event security parking is at own risk.
• V&A waterfront paid parking. No event security is provided and parking is at own risk.
Drop and go
• Drop and go facilities are available at the embankment of Helen Suzman BLVD (City bound), between Vlei and Granger Bay Boulevard.
Full closure in both directions between 14h00- 22h30
• Fritz Sonnenberg between Stephan Way and MacDonalds
• Vlei Road between Helen Suzman and Fritz Sonnenberg
We are very excited to welcome the Faithful to DHL Stadium and look forward to enjoying the evening with you cheering our team on in the stands.